WASHINGTON — Customers are always at the front of the line at this Post Office that never closes. With a click of the mouse customers can conveniently ship from their homes to any location by scheduling a next-day package pickup — saving a trip to the Post Office.
During fiscal 2015 (Oct. 1, 2014-Sept. 30, 2015) usps.com generated more than $1 billion in sales — a major milestone for the 15-year-old site. The sales exceeded that of all Post Offices combined in the following media markets: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dallas.
“We’re everywhere so you can be anywhere,” said U.S. Postal Service Acting Chief Marketing and Sales Officer Jim Cochrane. “With usps.com, your Post Office is as close as your desktop or smartphone, so doing business with us is fast and convenient during this busy holiday season and all year long. Our dedicated employees are ready to serve customers with prompt service at nearly 32,000 Post Offices nationwide. We also provide convenient access at more than 70,000 grocery stores, drug stores, office supply stores, ATMs and other locations where customers can buy stamps and other postal products.”
Usps.com can provide virtually any service offered at a brick-and-mortar Post Office.
- Track Packages — My USPS is an easier way to receive updates for incoming packages with real-time delivery notifications which are available within a few minutes of the delivery scan for select packages. My USPS filters updates for all incoming packages in one central dashboard, which is accessible on mobile devices and desktop computers.
- Purchase Shipping and Mailing Supplies — Visit the Postal Storeto purchase the Charlie Brown Forever stamps and other stamps to use for the holiday season, and order free shipping supplies, including boxes.
- Schedule a Free Package Pickup — Schedule a Pickup, and a carrier will get the package during regular delivery. Multiple pickups can be requested once an account is created on usps.com.
- Ship Packages — Consumers can use Click-N-Ship as a stress-free tool to pay and print postage for holiday gifts from a mobile device or desktop computer. Sign up to start creating shipping labels and pay for the postage online.
- Hold Mail — Going away? Take advantage of the Request Hold Mail Service. All your mail is kept safely at the local Post Office until you return.
- Forward Mail — For a fee, mail can be held, packaged, and shipped weekly by Priority Mail using Premium Forward Service.
- Ship Internationally — Depending upon the type of service selected, save money off retail prices when printing a shipping label from home. Use the built-in address form to transfer information into country-specific customs forms.
- Calculate Postage — The postage price calculator provides estimates for sending packages, domestically or internationally.
Customers can do all of this — all from the comfort of their homes — by going to usps.com, or downloading USPS Mobile on iOS or Android devices. These services can be accessed with the tap of a finger.
Customers can complete the steps to change an address on the USPS mobile app by simply clicking on the Change of Address icon. This convenient feature for USPS Mobile customers is in addition to others, including: USPS Tracking, My USPS, Ship Online, Buy Stamps, Find a Post Office Location, Calculate (or Look Up) Prices, ZIP Codes, Schedule a Pickup and Hold Mail.
Delivering for the Holidays
The Postal Service expects to deliver more than 15.5 billion cards, letters, flats, and packages during the 2015 holiday season. In addition, USPS is projecting that approximately 600 million packages will be delivered between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve — an increase of 10.5 percent over last year’s volume.
In time for the holidays, the Postal Service is offering real-time delivery notifications. Customers who sign up for alerts at My USPS will receive an email or text notification for select packages within a few minutes of the delivery scan.
For additional news and updates throughout the season, visit the USPS Holiday Newsroom.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
# # #
Please Note: For broadcast quality video and audio, photo stills and other media resources, visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm. A complete list of the holiday shipping deadlines can be found at about.usps.com/holidaynews.
For reporters interested in speaking with a regional Postal Service public relations professional, please go to about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps), subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps) and view our Postal Postsblog (uspsblog.com).