Last updated Mar. 12, 2014, 12 noon ET
Mar. 3, 2014, 9 a.m. ET
Postal operations are being impacted across the state due to the Colby Fire, torrential rain storms and mud slides. Roads have been closed and parts of the state are under mandatory emergency evacuation orders. Delivery service will be made where evacuations orders are not in place and it remains safe to do so. Customers who are unable to receive mail may retrieve their mail from their local Post Office, where possible. Specific impacts can be found below.
- Solvang PO, 93463: Service has been temporarily suspended due to flooding inside building from clogged drain in parking lot. Customers are being served at the Santa Ynez Post Office located at 3564 Sangunto St., Santa Ynez, CA 93460.
- Lake Hughes PO, 93532: Service has been temporarily suspended resulting from road closures due to mud flows.
- Azusa PO, 91702: Customers served by the Azusa PO but unable to receive mail delivery may retrieve their mail at the Azusa PO, located at 110 W 6th St, Azusa, CA 91702.
- Glendora PO, 91740: Customers served by the Glendora PO but unable to receive mail delivery may retrieve their mail at the Glendora PO, located at 255 S Glendora Ave, Glendora, CA 91740.
- Monrovia PO, 91016: Customers served by the Monrovia PO may experience delivery-related issues due to road closures resulting from mud slides. Police and emergency vehicles have blocked off the following streets due to mud slides: 300-500 Highland, 515 Scenic, and 300 Franklin on route 11.
Feb. 10, 2014, 4 p.m. ET
As a result of a water main break at the El Segundo Post Office, operations have been suspended until repairs are completed. Customers may retrieve their notice left mail, PO Box and Caller Service at the Manhattan Beach Post Office, located at 1007 N Sepulveda Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. BMEU Operations are relocated to Redondo Beach Post Office, 1201 N Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
Repairs are expected to take between 3 – 9 months. Please check back for updates.
Dec. 6, 2013 , 4:30 p.m. ET
As the clean-up effort continues in the Moore, OK, area, the Postal Service is continuing to update service for customers in the 73160, 73153, and 73170 ZIP Codes.
Poteau – No Power
Nov. 4, 2013, 2 p.m. ET
A number of Post Offices have been impacted by the widespread flooding and road closures. The Postal Service has relocated postal services for a number of facilities and addresses. Delivery will be made as long as roads remain open, passable and safe. If a home has been impacted by floodwaters and the resident needs mail to go to a temporary address, fill out a change of address at www.usps.com or pick up a form at any Post Office.
This is important information for those waiting on medication, checks, and important documents.