Akron, OH — As a community service and to make it easier to apply for a U.S. passport, Postmaster Susan Taylor is announcing special Passport Fairs on Friday, January 26, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday January 27, 2018 from 09:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Akron Main Office, 675 Wolf Ledges Parkway, Akron OH 44309.
In addition to the expanded passport acceptance hours, extra staffing will be on hand to assist customers. Postmaster Taylor emphasizes no appointment is necessary for the Passport Fair, walk-ins are welcome, and passport photo service will also be available.
Taylor recommends bringing original documents and following these guidelines:
- Download and complete a passport application at www.travel.state.gov beforehand.
- Bring proper proof of U.S. citizenship (as shown on the application DS-11 dated 09/2013).
- Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- The passport application requires a recent passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size).
- All applicants must appear in person (including minors). Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
The U.S. Department of State provides detailed guidelines for preparing passport applications and supporting documents as well as current processing times at: www.travel.state.gov. The Postmaster indicates USPS.com is also an excellent resource for obtaining the paperwork and locating acceptance facilities across the nation. Feel free to contact Vivian Chambers at (330) 996-9559 with any questions about the January 26 and 27 Passport Fairs.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
# # #
Please Note: For broadcast quality video and audio, photo stills and other media resources, visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm.
More USPS holiday news, including shipping deadlines and Santa mail, can be found at usps.com/holidaynews.
For reporters interested in speaking with a regional Postal Service public relations professional, please go to about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps), subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps) and view our Postal Posts blog (uspsblog.com).