Global Express Guaranteed®
1. The USPS Contract With You: These terms and conditions, along with those set out in the Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide (Service Guide) and the International Mail Manual (IMM), are all the terms of the contract between you (the sender of the shipment) and us (USPS, FedEx Express, and/or their agents). When you tender a shipment to us, you accept our terms for you, and for anyone else who has a legal interest in the shipment. Our terms and conditions also protect anyone with whom we may contract to collect, transport, or deliver your shipment. No employee of USPS, FedEx Express, or anyone else has any authority to change any of our terms or conditions, or make any promises on our behalf. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of the Air Waybill (Shipping Label), this Service Guide, or the International Mail Manual (IMM) then in effect, the current Service Guide or International Mail Manual (IMM) will control, in that order of priority.
2. What "Shipment" Means: A shipment means all allowable contents that travel under one Air Waybill (Shipping Label), not just any single document or item included in a shipment. You certify that the shipment details are complete and accurate. You agree that all shipments may be carried by any means, including air, surface, or any other carrier.
3. Your Obligations: You warrant that each article in the shipment is properly described on this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) and any accompanying documents, acceptable for transport by us, and properly marked, addressed, and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling. You are responsible for all charges, including postage, and possible surcharges, Customs and duties assessments including fees related to our prepayment of the same, governmental penalties and fines, taxes, and our attorney fees and legal costs, related to this shipment.
4. Allowable Contents: We accept as shipments documents (correspondence and printed matter "DOC") and non-documents (all other items "NON-DOC"), with restrictions on content and value as defined by each destination country in the Service Guide. No shipment may contain contents with a total value greater than US $2,499. NON-DOC shipments may be subject to inspection.
5. Prohibited Contents: We do not accept as a shipment anything that is considered a restricted article or hazardous material as defined by the Department of Transportation (DOT), or dangerous goods as defined by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), or certain other items listed in the Service Guide or International Mail Manual (IMM), such as cash or cash equivalents. See the Service Guide for additional prohibited items and restrictions for this service.
6. Customs: You appoint us as your agent to conduct export and import clearance. You also certify us as the nominal consignee solely for the purpose of designating a Customs broker to perform Customs clearance. You are responsible for and warrant your compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including but not limited to Customs laws; import, export, and re-export laws; and governmental regulations of any country to, from, through, or over which your shipment may be carried. You agree to furnish such information and complete and attach to this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) such documents as are necessary to comply with such laws, rules, and regulations. We assume no liability to you or any other person for any losses or expenses due to your failure to comply with this provision.
7. Export Control: You hereby certify that all statements and information contained in this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) and any accompanying documents relating to exportation are true and correct. You certify that this shipment does not require filing of Electronic Export Information, or EEI (formerly known as Shipper's Export Declaration, or SED) or any such filing of export data. Furthermore, you understand that civil and criminal penalties, including forfeiture and sale, may be imposed for making false or fraudulent statements, or for violation of any United States Laws on exportation, including but not limited to 13 USC Sec. 305, 22 USC Sec. 401, 18 USC Sec. 1001, and 50 USC App. 2410.
8. Letter of Instruction: If you do not complete all the documents required for carriage or if the documents you submit are not appropriate for the services or destination requested, you hereby instruct us, where permitted by law, to complete, correct, or replace the documents for you. However, we are not obligated to do so. If a substitute form of air waybill is needed to complete delivery of your shipment and we complete that document, the terms of this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) will continue to govern. We are not liable to you or any other person for our actions on your behalf under this provision.
9. Money-Back Guarantee: If the shipment is accepted at a designated USPS retail outlet or other authorized location by the specified deposit time for Global Express Guaranteed service, the shipment will be delivered to the recipient in accordance with the transit times outlined in the Service Guide on or before the close of business in the local time zone or we will refund your postage paid, as outlined below. Check with your local authorized USPS acceptance office for specific information about services and the Money-Back Guarantee. If the shipment is not delivered by the scheduled day and you file a refund request, the USPS will refund the postage unless: 1) the delivery was attempted but could not be made; 2) the delivery address was incomplete or inaccurate; or 3) the shipment was delayed by circumstances beyond our control as outlined in Paragraph 13. This Money-Back Guarantee does not apply to shipments to P.O. Box addresses acceptable for delivery. All requests must be initiated within 30 days of the mailing date by contacting a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-222-1811; this Representative will provide more details on how to file a refund request. The original receipt of the Air Waybill (Shipping Label) may be required when filing a refund request.
10. Loss or Damage Claims: If the shipment is lost or damaged, you may file a claim. All claims must be initiated within 30 days of the mailing date by contacting a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-222-1811; this Representative will provide more details on how to file a claim. The original receipt of this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) may be required when filing a claim. If the recipient accepts the shipment without noting any damage on the delivery record, we will assume the shipment was delivered in good condition. In order for us to consider a claim for damage, the contents, original shipping cartons, and packing must be available to us for inspection. Written documentation supporting the amount of a claim may also be required. All supporting documentation must be submitted within 9 months of the mailing date.
11. Insurance Coverage: Additional insurance may be purchased for shipments not to exceed the total shipment value of US $2,499 or a lesser amount as limited by country, content, or value. You are responsible for requesting insurance and paying the applicable fee. Regardless of who is at fault, if you fail to pay the applicable fee, our liability will be limited to US $100. As provided in Paragraph 15 below, DOC shipments are insured up to US $100 per shipment at no additional charge for document reconstruction (for the reasonable costs incurred in reconstructing duplicates of nonnegotiable documents mailed), and NON-DOC shipments are insured against loss or damage up to US $100 per shipment at no additional charge. Additional insurance up to a total of US $2,499 per shipment may be purchased for an additional fee. Coverage, terms, and limitations are subject to change. Consult the Service Guide for insurance fees, limitations, and terms of coverage to each individual country.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR
12. Delayed Shipments: We will make our best effort to deliver your shipment according to our regular delivery schedules. Except as provided in Paragraph 15 below, USPS, FedEx Express, and/or their agents are not liable for any losses or damages caused by delays, even if they are our fault, in picking up, transporting (including delays caused by diversions), or delivering a shipment.
13. Circumstances Beyond Our Control: We are not liable if a shipment is lost, misdelivered, damaged, or delayed because of circumstances beyond our control. These circumstances include: terrorist activity; strikes; labor actions; an "act of God," for example an earthquake, cyclone, storm, or flood; "force majeure," for example war, plane crash, or embargo; import/export clearance delays; any defect or characteristic to do with the nature of the shipment, even if known to us when we accepted it; or any action or omission by anyone outside USPS, FedEx Express, or their agents, for example the sender of the shipment, the recipient, or an interested third party, Customs or government officials, or other carriers or third parties with whom we contract to deliver to destinations that we do not serve directly. We are not liable even if you, the sender, did not ask for or know about a third-party delivery. We are also not liable for electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images or recordings.
14. Consequential Damages: We are not liable for the following, whether they arise in contract or any other form of civil action, including negligence, and even if they are our fault: consequential or special damages or loss; other indirect loss; or breach of other contracts. Consequential damage or loss includes but is not limited to loss of income, profit, interest, markets, and use of contents.
15. Extent of Our Liability: We make no warranties, express or implied. Our liability for a shipment that is not delivered according to the Money-Back Guarantee is limited to a refund of the postage paid by the sender as outlined in Paragraph 9. Unless additional insurance is purchased, our liability for a lost or damaged shipment is limited to the lowest of US $100, or the actual amount of the loss or damage, or the actual value of the allowable contents. Actual value means the lowest of the cost of replacing, reconstructing, or reconstituting the allowable contents of the shipment (determined at the time and place of acceptance). These terms and conditions, and where applicable the Warsaw Convention, limit and/or exclude our liability for loss, damage, or delay. You agree that there are no agreed stopping places, and we reserve the right to route the shipment in any way we deem appropriate.
16. False Statements and Right to Inspect: The submission of a false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement may result in imprisonment of up to 5 to 8 years depending on the nature of the violation (18 USC Sec. 1001). In addition, a civil penalty of up to US $5,000 and an additional assessment of twice the amount falsely claimed may be imposed (31 USC Sec. 3802). Your NON-DOC shipment may, at our option or at the request of governmental authorities, be opened and inspected by us or such authorities at any time.
17. Mandatory Law: Insofar as any provision contained or referred to in this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) may be contrary to any applicable international treaties, laws, governmental regulations, orders, or requirements, such provision shall remain in effect as part of our agreement to the extent that it is not overridden. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other provision contained or referred to in this Air Waybill (Shipping Label). Unless otherwise indicated, the sender's address indicated on the face of this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) is the place of execution and the place of departure, and the recipient's address listed on the face of this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) is the place of destination.
18. Privacy Act Statement: Your information will be used to fulfill the product or service you requested. Collection is authorized by 39 U.S.C. 401, 403, 404, 407; 13 U.S.C. 301- 307; and 50 U.S.C. 1702. Providing this information is voluntary, but if not provided, we may not process your transaction. We do not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except to facilitate the transaction, to act on your behalf or request, or as legally required. This includes the following limited circumstances: to a congressional office on your behalf; to financial entities regarding financial transaction issues; to a USPS® auditor; to entities, including law enforcement, as required by law or in legal proceedings; to contractors and other entities aiding us to fulfill the service (service providers); to domestic and international customs pursuant to federal law and agreements, the U.S. Census Bureau, and other governmental entities with authority over exportation. For more information regarding our privacy policies visit www.usps.com/privacyoffice.