- Rates for Domestic Letters Since 1863 PDF | HTM
- Rates for Domestic Letters, 1792-1863 PDF | RTF
- Rates for Stamped Cards and Postcards PDF | HTM
- Postage Rates for Periodicals: A Narrative History PDF | HTM
- Pieces of Mail Handled, Number of Post Offices, Income, and Expenses Since 1789 PDF | HTM
- First-Class Mail Volume Since 1926 PDF | HTM
- Number of Stamped Cards and Postcards Sent via First-Class Mail Since 1926 PDF | HTM
- Number of Postal Employees Since 1926 PDF | HTM
- Delivery Points Since 1905, in Millions PDF | HTM
Want bulk mail rates or PO Box rental fees since 1970? See the Postal Service's Domestic Rate History and Special Services Fee History on the Postal Regulatory Commission's Web site for rates for all categories of mail and services since 1970.
More historical statistics are available in Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970, and the annual Statistical Abstract of the United States, from the U.S. Census Bureau. The Statistical Abstract, first available for 1878, offers expanded coverage of the Postal Service beginning in 1909.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics' CPI inflation calculator calculates the current values of past prices back to 1913. You can compare values back to 1774 at www.measuringworth.com.