|page 70 of 74|
2004 Performance Report and Preliminary
2006 Annual Performance Plan
GPRA requires the Postal Service to:
•Establish strategic goals and objectives.
• Develop reliable, verifiable indicators and performance
measurement systems. 1
• Set improvement targets.
• Describe strategies to achieve targets.2
• Provide performance results.
The Postal Service has five strategic goals and associated objectives that will be discussed on the following pages.
1. The indicators and measurement systems are described in detail in the Annual Performance Plan.
2. Strategies are described elsewhere in this document and in the Five-Year Strategic Plan.