INDIANAPOLIS, IN — The U.S. Postal Service is hiring seasonal employees to work at one of the mail processing facilities in the Indianapolis area. The holiday period is from mid-November 2017 to early January 2018.
Holiday openings include Casual Mail Handler at $14.25 an hour, and Postal Support Employee (PSE) Mail Processing Clerks at $16.62 an hour. Additional night premium and overtime for working over 40 hours in a week may apply.
Applications are being accepted online at www.usps.com/employment. Click on “Search Now” and select Indiana to view current openings. As jobs are posted daily and are open for a limited time, it’s a good idea to check frequently on the site.
To be considered for the positions you must fulfill the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age (or 16 years of age with a high school diploma)
- Be a United States citizen or have permanent resident alien status
- Males born after 12/31/59 must provide Selective Service Registration Number
- Be able to work assigned tour, scheduled days and be available to work on short notice
- Be able to be physically active entire work shift and have the strength to handle heavy objects
- Be able to pass drug screening, criminal background and any other applicable Postal Service Test
- Have a great attitude and the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
# # #
Please Note: For broadcast quality video and audio, photo stills and other media resources, visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm.
For reporters interested in speaking with a regional Postal Service public relations professional, please go to about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps), subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps) and view our Postal Postsblog (uspsblog.com).