KENTUCKIANA DISTRICT — In observance of the 2018 Veterans Day holiday, post offices will be closed on Monday, November 12, 2018. Veterans Day falls on Sunday this year, making Monday the federal holiday. There will be no residential or business delivery except for Priority Mail Express.
The Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU) will operate normal business hours in Louisville and Lexington KY.
The following locations will offer package drop off on Monday, Nov. 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for customers with 20 or more parcels bearing prepaid or postage affixed payment:
- Louisville BMEU, 4440 Crittenden Dr, 40221
- Louisville Lyndon Station, 8127 LaGrange Rd, 40222
- Jeffersonville Post Office, 8000 Main St, 40337
- Lexington Bluegrass Station, 3525 Lansdowne Dr, 40517
- Lexington Brentwood Annex, 1045 Brentwood Ct Ste 110, 40511
- Evansville Diamond Valley Station, 600 Cross Valley Cir, 47710
- Bowling Green GMF, 5300 Scottsville Rd, 42104
- Hopkinsville Post Office, 105 S Main St, 42240
- Paducah Post Office, 3550 Park Plaza Rd, 42002
- Ashland Post Office, 1140 Carter Ave, 41101
- Richmond Carrier Annex, 120 E Water St, 40475
- Somerset Post Office, 119 N Maple St, 42501
Normal operations will resume on Tuesday, November 13.
Customers can register for Informed Delivery at www.informeddelivery.usps.com to see digital images of their mail before it’s delivered.
Access to Postal products and services are offered at alternate locations or online:
- Stamps are available at most grocery, pharmacy, and convenient stores.
- For 24/7 information on most postal products and services, go to www.usps.com to print postage online, find the nearest Automated Postal Center (APC), or locate contract Postal units.
The Kentuckiana District serves ZIP Codes 400-409, 411-427 in Kentucky and 471, 476-477 in southern Indiana.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
# # #
For U.S. Postal Service media resources, including broadcast quality video and audio and photo stills, visit the USPS Newsroom. For reporters interested in speaking with a regional Postal Service public relations professional, please see our local contacts list. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the USPS YouTube Channel, like us on Facebook and enjoy our Postal Posts blog. For more information about the Postal Service, visit usps.com and facts.usps.com.