AVON LAKE OH – As a community service and to make it easier to apply for a U.S. passport, Postmaster Charles Hirsch is announcing a special Passport Fair on Saturday, June 30, 2018, from 10am to 2pm at the Avon Lake Post Office, 33501 Lake Road, Avon Lake, OH 44012.
In addition to the expanded passport acceptance hours, extra staffing will be on hand to assist customers. Hirsch emphasizes no appointment is necessary for the Passport Fair, walk-ins are welcome, and passport photo service will also be available.
Hirsch recommends bringing original documents and following these guidelines:
- Download and complete a passport application at www.travel.state.gov beforehand.
- Bring proper proof of U.S. citizenship (as shown on the application DS-11 dated 09/2013).
- Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- The passport application requires a recent passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size).
- All applicants must appear in person (including minors). Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
The U.S. Department of State provides detailed guidelines for preparing passport applications and supporting documents as well as current processing times at: www.travel.state.gov. The Postmaster indicates USPS.com is also an excellent resource for obtaining the paperwork and locating acceptance facilities across the nation. Feel free to contact Postmaster Hirsch at (440) 933-4246 with any questions about the June 30, 2018, Passport Fair.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
Please Note: For broadcast quality video and audio, photo stills and other media resources, visit the USPS Newsroom at about.usps.com/news/welcome.htm.
For reporters interested in speaking with a regional Postal Service public relations professional, please go to about.usps.com/news/media-contacts/usps-local-media-contacts.pdf. Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/usps), Instagram (instagram.com/uspostalservice), Pinterest (pinterest.com/uspsstamps), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/usps), subscribe to our channel on YouTube (youtube.com/usps), like us on Facebook (facebook.com/usps) and view our Postal Posts blog (uspsblog.com).