We promote supplier development and diversity amongst prime suppliers through our subcontracting policy that specifically addresses subcontracting with SMWOBs.
When appropriate, the Postal Service™…
- Announces contract awards with significant subcontracting opportunities and provides technical assistance and referrals of SMWOBs to our prime suppliers.
- Negotiates contract-specific subcontracting plans based on market research results (ie, data collected, analyzed, and documented) that support effective contract performance.
- Conducts quarterly reviews of reports and plans based on required subcontracting requirements.
- Convenes periodic meetings with prime suppliers to ensure adequate understanding of USPS® policies and performance expectations in subcontracting.
- Periodically samples supplier reports to identify gaps and implement continuous improvement.