These tips can help protect you, your business, and your mailroom.
1. No return address
2. Restrictive markings
3. Sealed with tape
4. Misspelled words, address to title only, incorrect title, and badly typed
5. Oily stains, discolorations, or crystallization on wrapper
6. Strange odor
7. Excessive tape
8. Rigid or bulky
9. Lopsided or uneven
If you receive a suspicious letter or package:
1. Handle with care. Dont sake or bump.
2. Isolate it immediately.
3. Dont open, smell, touch, or taste.
4. Treat it as suspect. Call local law enforcement authorities.
If you suspect the mail may contain:
1. A bomb: Evacuate immediately. Call Police. Contact Postal Inspectors.
Call local Fire Department/HAZMAT unit.
2. A Radiological thread: Limit exposure - Dont handle. Evacuate area.
Shield yourself from object. Call Police. Contact Postal Inspectors. Call local
Fire Department/HAZMAT unit.
3. A Biological or Chemical Threat: Isolate - dont handle. Evacuate immediate
area. Wash your hands with soap and warm water. Call Police. Contact Postal
Inspectors. Call local Fire Department/HAZMAT unit.