PS Form 1013, Transportation Ticketing Authorization
PS Form 1013, Transportation Ticketing Authorization,
May 2006, has been revised. The changes to the form are
• The Social Security number (SSN) was replaced with
the employee identification number (EIN). This
change will protect the Postal ServiceTM traveler's privacy and allow for online booking using centrally
billed cards. The EIN will replace the SSN on PS
Form 1013 for travel after June 18, 2006.
• A field was added to identify the purpose of travel.
Nonbargaining travelers are not allowed to use the
centrally billed travel card unless their individually
billed card enrollment form has been recently sent to
the card provider and card activation is not possible
before the travel date. In addition to the purpose,
nonbargaining travelers must provide the date their
individually billed travel card enrollment was sent to
the card provider.
• The Sub-Location Code was replaced with HQ/Area/District. The office issuing the ticket must complete
the name of the facility issuing the ticket. The name
of the facility helps the booking agent charge the correct centrally billed account.
If the office is a...
Name of field unit (e.g.,
Name of area (e.g., Eastern)
Name of district (e.g.,
PS Form 1013 is available on the Postal Service Intranet:
• Go to http://blue.usps.gov.
• Under "Essential Links" in the left-hand column, under "Policies," click on Forms.
(The direct URL for the Forms Web page is
This form appears below.
— National Accounting,