PostalOne! Is Teaming Up Online To Move Business Forward
Now it's easier than ever for companies of all sizes to
use the power of business mail with a PostalOne!®
account. PostalOne! electronically links mailers and the
U.S. Postal Service® through a suite of online tools which
streamline business mailings.
Save Time and Money
PostalOne! reduces time-consuming paperwork with
electronic postage statements and documentation; streamlines acceptance and verification so mailers can spend less
time at the business mail entry unit (BMEU); integrates mail
planning and production with postal workflow; enables
automated postage payment, mail entry scheduling, and
reconciliation; and more.
Discover How PostalOne! is Quick, Easy, and
• Eliminate hard copy documents.
• Produce on-screen reports and analysis in seconds.
• Reduce time at the business mail entry unit (BMEU).
• View the postal information about mailings online.
• Be alerted when permits and fees are due.
• Access financial transactions 24/7.
• Display current rates and discounts, and calculate
• Generate alerts if processing problems occur.
By using PostalOne!'s centralized account payment features, mailers can manage funding their account or multiple
accounts through automated processes.
We invite feedback, questions, and suggestions anytime. Customers should feel free to contact their Business
Mail Entry Manager directly or call the PostalOne! Customer Care line at 800-522-9085.
Getting Started With PostalOne!
To begin, mailers should decide which electronic documentation "on ramp" meets their mailing needs: Postage
Statement Wizard® (PSW), Mail.dat®, or Web Services.
Mailers can submit postage statements online with
PSW. Using a secure Internet connection and simple, on-
screen fields, PSW helps mailers complete postage statements online in the USPS PostalOne! account. Mail.dat
and Web Services are file transfer protocols that allow mailers to transmit their mailing information from their production software directly to the USPS PostalOne! system. The
choice between Mail.dat or Web Services is usually determined by the data output from the presort software being
utilized by the mailer or his/her mail service provider.
Postage Statement Wizard may be a good fit if the
• Uses presorted or discounted mail.
• Handwrites most information on postage statements.
• Presorts manually or uses simple presort software.
• Has just a few pages of presort documentation.
• Usually mails locally.
Mail.dat or Web Services may be a better fit if the mailer:
• Uses presorted or discounted mail.
• Uses complex presort schemes.
• Uses sophisticated or customized presort software.
• Mails in large quantities to a broad range of delivery
• Plans transportation for drop-ship mailings.
• Serves as a mailing agent or mail service provider for
other business mailers.
Note: Technical considerations determine which is best for
mailers. They should contact the PostalOne! Help Desk
(800-522-9085) for more information.
Business Mail Entry managers are prepared to give
guided tours of all that PostalOne! offers.
To use PSW, Mail.dat, or Web Services, mailers must
first sign up for a PostalOne! account, which is free, and
offers many additional benefits and features. Here are just
• Account Balance and Fee Information Anytime
From their desktop, mailers can track their deposits,
account balances, and transactions.
• Real-Time Reports 24/7
PostalOne! gives mailers continuous access to a variety of reports. They can review mailing history, monitor trends, and more.
• Document Everything
Mailers can view and print statements, as well as
receipts - capture deposits, transactions, and
• Remote Inspection
This allows mailers to view reported mail processing
issues online, including labeling, barcode, and other
errors. It also allows them to use this information to
avoid repeat issues and minimize future delays.
Business Mail Entry managers are available to tell mailers about many more benefits and features they can enjoy
— Marketing Technology and Channel Management,
Customer Service, 10-26-06