retail employee bulletin
12/1/06 – 12/31/06
Closing In On Key Dates
Give your customers peace of mind by reminding them of key dates that will ensure their mail arrives
by December 25. For additional mail dates refer to Postal Bulletin PB22189, September 14, 2006.
Pay attention to the last two dates listed below, as they apply to signage in your office.
Monday, December 11
• Priority Mail® Military (ZIP™ Code 093 excluded)
Tuesday, December 19
• Express Mail® Military Service (ZIP Code 093 excluded)
• Global Express Guaranteed® (All locations except Canada)
Wednesday, December 20
• Global Express Guaranteed (Canada)
• Priority Mail (Domestic)
• First-Class Mail® (Domestic letters & cards)
Friday, December 22
• Express Mail (Domestic)
Saturday, December 23
• 40% off sale starts. Be sure to put up your Holiday Sale Lug-Ons. All holiday-themed
ReadyPost® shipping supplies (excluding Soft Red design) and select Holiday OLRP
are on sale. Visit the “News” section at http://blue.usps.gov/marketing/retail for
a complete list of sale items.
Monday, January 1
• Take down all Holiday POP signage and replace with New Year POP signage.
• Keep Official Licensed Retail Products (OLRP) and ReadyPost displays fully stocked all day
because they make great gift add-ons and sell quickly.
• During our busy holiday season, have someone in the lobby to direct traffic and assist customers
to keep the wait time in line as short as possible.
For additional tips, refer to the “Retail Employee Calendar” hanging in the Employee zone of your Post Office™.
For additional information, visit http://blue.usps.gov/marketing/retail to access the Retail Marketing Intranet site.