Asset Management Integration Program Officially Launched
On November 15 and 16, 2006, representatives from
Government Relations, Supply Management, Marketing,
Information Technology, Finance, and Human Resources
kicked off the Asset Management Integration effort to define and implement the best solutions for effectively managing the Postal Service'sTM physical assets.
Phase 1 of the Asset Management Integration effort,
which began in October 2006 with a target end date of
September 2007, includes the following goals:
• Distribution and Fulfillment:
• Identify the optimal Stamp and Retail fulfillment
• Streamline ordering and fulfillment processes to
limit number of manufacturer shipments on a
• Understand and document current asset management processes.
• Develop process designs to better track and manage inventory and assets, including the use of
forecast-based planning to identify inventory
• Understand and document current systems that
support asset management functions.
• Identify the best software to track and manage
• Understand the current organizations and personnel involved in asset management activities.
Elaine MacMahon, Manager of Supply Management
Operations, said, "The executive committee has asked
Supply Management to begin working closely with all
stakeholders involved in asset management. We will standardize the processes and systems to better manage costs
around managing assets. We'll also bring visibility to the
assets the Postal Service now has and reduce the cost of
getting those assets in your hands. This is a big challenge,
but long overdue. It will make the supply chain less costly,
the supply stream more efficient, and your job that much
easier. So be on the look out for Asset Management
— Supply Management Operations,
Supply Management, 12-7-06