Export Licenses

Primarily, there are three U.S. Government agencies that may require your shipment to have an export license:

When assessing whether you need to apply for an export license, please take note of various exceptions that may apply to your situation.

If your shipment requires an export license, you will need to use PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note CP 72, and ship your international mailpiece to the destination country via Express Mail International® service or Priority Mail International® service. To determine mail class availability and weight/size limits, refer to the Individual Country Listings in Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, International Mail Manual (IMM\u00A8) at http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immctry.htm.