When planning National Consumer Protection Week events, keep the following suggestions in mind:
- Begin planning early.
- Contact your local postal team — Postal inspectors, Public Affairs and Communications managers, Consumer Affairs and claims managers, and Government Relations representatives — to see how they can help support and participate in the fraud prevention events in your city.
- Set a date.
- Secure participants.
- Acquire posters, videos, fact sheets, brochures, and other supplies for the event.
- Prepare a special pictorial postmark, if applicable.
- Secure staging and sound equipment and a podium, if applicable.
- Plan signage, including signs and banners.
- Launch a local publicity campaign.
- Draft a sequence-of-events agenda and speaker remarks.
- Plan retail opportunities (i.e., booth, bag stuffers, etc.)
- Prepare ceremony programs and invitations.