Oct. 2, 2022

How to Hold Mail or Request Change of Address

Change of address

SOUTHWEST FLORIDA — Hold Mail is designed for customers who plan on occupying their homes within 30 days. If you feel you will not be able to occupy your home within 30 days, you need to submit a Change of Address (COA) request with the Postal Service. Be sure to mark “Temporary” on the card.

A temporary change of address is designed for customers who plan on returning to their residence within six months. If you are NOT planning to return to your current address, please submit a permanent COA request.

A COA card is available from your letter carrier or at your local Post Office. COA requests also may be filed at www.usps.com, the Postal Service’s website that is available to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Our letter carriers deeply care about their customers and are concerned about their welfare. Please help our carriers by limiting your questions and allowing them to deliver the mail to the community. Remember they are diligently working through many obstacles. If you have any questions regarding mail delivery, you can contact
our hotline at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). You will be provided specific information regarding delivery and retail services for each office in the affected area.

To ensure mail delivery to your affected area, please ensure that debris is cleared around your mailbox. If your mailbox is badly damaged or destroyed, please provide a secure receptacle with your address clearly displayed for your letter carrier to leave your mail at your residence. Mail cannot be delivered unless a receptacle is provided

The Postal Service generally receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relied on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.



Media contacts