September 21, 2020
Postal Service is hiring for the holidays
CHARLOTTE, NC — The Postal Service is hiring seasonal employees, including casual mail handers and holiday clerk assistants, to work November through early January. Candidates will be required to work weekends and holidays.
Applications are only accepted online at www.usps.com/careers. Click the Search Now button for more information and to apply. USPS will never charge for job applications or testing.
The Postal Service takes great pride in meeting the holiday delivery expectations of our customers, and we look forward to welcoming new applicants or previous seasonal workers to our team.
- Mail Handler
- Holiday Clerk Assistant
- Postal Support Employee-Mail Processing Clerk
- City Carrier Assistant (Holiday Term)
- Additional positions may be available
- No exam required
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, or 16 years of age with a high school diploma.
- All applicants must be able to pass drug screening and a criminal background investigation. Some positions require an exam.
- Any position that has a driving requirement will also require a valid driver’s license and a clean two-year driving history.
- Citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.