Feb. 26, 2021
Milwaukee Post Office is Now Hiring
City Carrier Assistant positions available, apply online
MILWAUKEE, WI – During the week of March 1-7, the Milwaukee Post Office is hiring City Carrier Assistants (CCAs) to help sort and deliver the mail. No experience required, training is provided.
“We’re looking for motivated applicants,” said Milwaukee Postmaster Tim Lewis. “These positions start out as temporary positions but can lead to career positions for people who are dedicated.”
CCAs are part of a supplemental workforce that holds temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Reemployment after a 5-day break in service is possible.
Interested applicants should log on to www.usps.com/careers to search and apply for available positions. Paper applications will not be accepted. Duties and requirements for this position include:
- Sorting, delivering, collecting mail on foot or by vehicle under a variety of weather conditions
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive customer service experience
- Carrying up to 35 pounds in a shoulder satchel with occasional lifting up to 70 pounds
- Working variable hours up to 6 days a week
- Must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in high school
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Must have valid driver’s license (2 years continuous)
- Must have good driving record
- Must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status
“There are numerous vacancies available now and more coming soon,” added Lewis. “This is an excellent opportunity to work for the most trusted government agency in the country.”
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.