March 26, 2021
Detroit Postal Service Hiring Tractor Trailer Operators for three Processing and Distribution Center locations (Detroit, MI)
DETROIT, MI — The U.S. Postal Service is hiring Tractor Trailer Operators at three Detroit area Processing and Distribution Center locations:
- Detroit National Distribution Center, 17500 Oakwood Blvd, Allen Park, MI 48101.
- Detroit Processing and Distribution Center, 1401 W. Fort St., Detroit, MI 48233
- Michigan Metroplex, 711 N. Glenwood Ave, Pontiac, MI 48340
Salary range starts at $23.74 per hour paid bi-weekly. These are career positions with excellent benefits. Applicants must have a valid State Driver’s License, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger vehicles and one year of full time unsupervised experience (or equivalent) driving a 7-ton or larger truck, tractor-trailer, or a 16-passenger or larger bus.
The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories in the U.S.
Applications are being accepted online at www.usps.com/employment. Click on “Search Now” and select Michigan to view current openings. As jobs are posted daily and are open for a limited time, it’s a good idea to check frequently on the site.
To be considered for the positions you must fulfill the following:
- Have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) from the state in which they live.
- Complete a Driving Notification and Compliance Certificate
- Be able to pass drug screening, criminal background and any other applicable Postal Service Test
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.